Blade Infrastructure: Consensus Technologies believe Blade infrastructure is superbly designed to take advantage of virtualisation technology. By utilising HP Proliant half-height servers, up-to sixteen servers can be installed within a c-Class Blade System enclosure. Each half-height server keeps the same flexibility, power management and system control as full-height blade, and with support for hot-plug hard drives, large memory capacity , multiple expansion slots and the latest generation of processors the Proliant is an optimal choice for virtual infrastructure. The HP c-Class Blade system enclosure brings additional benefits to traditional rack-and-stack approach, these benefits are:
Cost: HP Blade System features a consolidated design that is both more affordable to buy and more efficient to own than conventional infrastructure. Operations are streamlined through standardized components and management interfaces, yielding long term efficiencies unattainable with scattered systems. By pooling and sharing power, cooling, and network; and eliminating the need for other components, the HP Blade System can measurably reduce acquisition costs and increase utilization.
Change Ready: HP Blade System brings agility to IT. Blade servers, storage, and other modular components can be easily added or removed without having to power down making it easier for IT to respond to business requirements. HP Blade System c-Class is an efficiently designed and integrated system that makes the most of every square inch and that can be setup or reconfigured easily. HP provides a common and intuitive interface to monitor and control all HP Blade System resources – server, storage, network, power and cooling.
Energy: HP Blade System offers one screen to see and understand the power consumption, heat output, and cooling capacity of your HP Blade System environment. The Onboard Administrator monitors the infrastructure, advises repairs, and warns of impending power and cooling issues. Among the many features that make HP Blade System the ideal choice for energy conscious environments:
- Cooling-optimized enclosure and blades – Redundant and scalable, HP PARSEC cooling architecture dissipates heat quickly, with lower CFM levels needed, in any configuration, enabling denser configurations.
- HP Active Cool Fans – Patented fans, designed to create tropical-storm winds, automatically deliver required cooling to match changing demands and environmental conditions at power levels far lower than traditional fans.
- HP Modular Cooling System – When added to an HP Blade System, this water-cooled rack technology triples the cooling capacity of a standard rack without increasing the heat load of your data center.
- Dynamic Power Saver – Automatically shifts power load for maximum power supply efficiency and reliability.
- Power/Thermal Regulator – Preset power and thermal thresholds ensure that your environment will self-regulate to maintain acceptable consumption output and thermal conditions.
- Future-proof power strategy – Power supplies designed in concert with Intel and AMDTM processor roadmaps keep pace with the evolution of your computing environment.
Time Smart :If you are connected, HP Blade System offers total resource control from anywhere at any time. Simplified provisioning and management in a virtual environment mean transparency when moving server resources between physical and virtual machines. The consolidated nature of HP Blade System allows you to make the most of your IT resources. Use HP Blade System to centralize your most knowledgeable IT staff, giving them the ability to quickly leverage each other and to monitor, manage and control remote sites from one location.